Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19, 2013

To dip or not to dip...

The past two days I have been glazing... 

On my recent excursion to Clayworld Clay and Supply I picked up a few new glazes.  A few celedons from Coyote... Sapphire, Aqua and Sedona Sunset...  I want to use these over a little slip trailing, I can't wait to see how they come out  Also, Coyote's Oasis, Pam's Blue and Gun Metal Green.  I'm real excited to see how the GMG works with their Black.

 
Any who... back to the glazing...
 
Breaking out my new glazes like a kid at Christmas with what I already had on hand... I think I came up with a few good combos... I just never thought it would take soooo long to glaze my pots by hand.  It's not as if I've never brushed glazes on before, just not so many pots at one time.  I use two different clays and of course I want to see the effects on both... I just never thought it would take soooo long to glaze my pots by hand. 
 
Needless to say, I pray I have a few good combo's because I can't wait to place an order so I can dip... dip... and dip!!