Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22, 2013

The ebb and flow of the Kiln God's...

My firing from May 19th was not what I anticipated.  One of my glazes was applied too thick and ran onto the kiln shelf as well as cracking and breaking the bottom of a few pots.  How disappointed I was.

I feel as though I am on a pottery roller coaster.  One minute I have a whisper of confidence and the next... it's taken away in the quickness of opening the kiln lid... then, given back... with yet another opening of the kiln lid.  That was today.

A tweak here and there... with the assistance of the hydrometer... made all the difference in the glaze performance.  I couldn't be more pleased.




As I start throwing new pieces today I am finding my confidence to be somewhat stoked from this last firing giving way to a more confident peaceful potter.