Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

Farmer's Market... E-I-E-I-OOOOO...

Yesterday I had my first "showing" at the Legacy Farmer's and Artisian Market.  It was like a wedding... You plan, price, pack... not necessarily in that order but none the less you are over whelmed with preparations... then... it's over, "snap", just like that.

It certainly was an eye opener.  Meeting and speaking with customers gave me great insight as to what they are looking for and what glaze colors are appealing to the masses. I kept a record of what was sold and made notes along the way.   In the lulls of the day my imagination was working overtime with new marketing and display ideas.
 
 
Speaking with other vendors was a treat as well. I found out about other great markets to get involved with along with where they have tried and found success and not so much.
 
With a whole new attitude and confirmation in my creative direction, I feel more energized for what I am creating.
 
Needless to say... I can't wait to see where I'll be next month.  Maybe at a market or crafts fair near you!!