Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013

The Ecstasy.... with a WHOLE lot of Agony.

I threw my first four and a half pound bowl today... no beginners hump... just a perfect graceful curve.


The beautiful Honey Pots... with their perfectly fitting lids.


And then...  the meltdown. 



Lost two juicers...  I just couldn't get the center twist right.  I have watched many U-Tube videos on making juicers but they always seem to stop right when the center is to be carved or twisted.  Finished up 3 more that look like they will do the job but still dissatisfied. More practice needed here.

Lost a spoon rest... I usually leave on the bat with an undercut that the wire will follow through when I do cut it off the bat.  I like for the piece to lose a little of the tackiness before cutting.  It just makes it easier for me to cut off and transfer to a ware board.  With this one I must have not held the wire taught enough and it cut the bottom completely off.  Ugh!

Well maybe not too much agony after all.  At least it happened before firing and I can recycle the clay.  Thank goodness tomorrow is another day... I can't wait to see what I pot up!!

Peace and Love ♥