Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Welcome 2017

Hey ya'll!

It's been a slow start this new year. I've just reopened our Etsy store after taking a long holiday break.

With spring around the corner here in Texas, we were at 82 today, I've begun making herbs markers and a new item, flowers on a stick. Both items will be glazed is translucent colors so the detail of the design will show through.



I'm starting to do some testing with a new clay body.  I'm getting tired of switching between a white and a brown clay.  My hope is that this clay will test well with my glazes and I can settle on one clay. While it may not seem like much, every time I change clays, I basically have to clean all the tools I use, the wheel, splash pan and change benchtops. This ends up being a very time-consuming endeavor as you can well imagine.

Enjoy the rest of winter and hello Spring!!